Wednesday, August 31, 2011

More New Music - Red Hot Chili Peppers



For those of you who didn't know, Red Hot Chili Peppers released a new album this week. I'm With You, the 10th studio album by the band, the first album since 2006's Stadium Arcadium, features yet another new guitarist replacing John Frusciante, who left the band in 2009, but trust me, this album is much better than the Dave Navarro, drug induced One Hot Minute.

The Chili Peppers keep with the familiar style of their more recent music, but with a noticeable new style in guitarist Josh Klinghoffer. The band even calls it out saying, "This is a new band, same name, but it's a new band."

The band credits the Rolling Stones as a big influence of the new material. I don't hear it really, but then again I don't listen to the Rolling Stones. The lengthy album (14 tracks) has gotten very favorable reviews, and I agree with most of them, though I might have chosen a different single to kick the album off with. But if you like the later works of RHCP, this album should fit nicely into your existing play lists.

You can stream the album right here, though I don't know how long it will be available. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. "I don't hear it really, but then again I don't listen to the Rolling Stones." awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete